Tales from the Moonbase.
Ranih was greeted with cheers by her class when she let them know she was expecting. Apparently, one of her colleagues is already looking into ideas for a baby shower, though Ranih told me that Marie loves a party and will find any excuse to throw one.
Last year, she tried to throw a small event, what she called a "fuddle", just to celebrate that the children's playroom had been redecorated. I love a party, but not quite that much. Still, I appreciate her enthusiasm.
I've been helping James today with updates and maintenance work throughout our moonbase. Most of the systems are slightly more up-to-date than those on our orbital platform, as the base is more recent.
The moon is also the location of our long-range space telescope and sensor platform. I will put this out there: it is categorically not used for any nefarious purposes, including spying. We leave those sorts of underhanded and dangerous activities to Section 31.
We have a team that looks after the facility along with residents from Starfleet's Stellar Cartography Department. Later this week, a group of students from the school are visiting the space telescope. They are a couple of years older than the students Ranih teaches.
Today was the first time I have visited the space telescope. The room where all the data accumulates is quite spectacular. It features a vast dome where images from all around us and beyond can be projected.
When you stare at images of the universe, you can't help but be reminded of its infinite beauty in diversity.
Comments
Post a Comment