Laughter, Latte, and Decaf Wins.

Beautiful day today. Ranih and I, along with James and Jean, went to the central complex to visit our favourite coffee shop.

​I tried something different from my usual Cortado today: an iced caramelised banana latte. I'm getting the impression that the names of this new style of coffee are getting longer. Almost more of a mouthful than the drink itself.

​Back to the drink, which was extremely refreshing and very enjoyable. Everyone enjoyed their beverage, even Ranih, who now can't have caffeine due to being pregnant.

​That being said, she isn't happy about it, despite understanding exactly why she can't have caffeine. We ordered a drink recommended by one of the workers at the café, who said it tastes as good as something caffeinated and is perfectly safe for pregnant women.

​Ranih gave it a 9/10. It's good, but it's not quite as good as a fully caffeinated coffee. Still, I think she will be okay eventually.

​I tried it myself and I can see where she's coming from. It doesn't quite have that same punch as a normal coffee, but it's still got a good taste.

​There was such a delightfully jovial atmosphere in the café today. Lots of chatter, smiling faces, and laughter. It felt good. A friend of my second host, Tobin, once said that the most wasted of days is one without laughter. Very true.

Image from Unsplash by Demi DeHerrera. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Know

who am I?

Unexpected