Flower Beds and Baby Fever.
It was shaping up to be another relaxing day, right up until early afternoon when James asked for my help in his garden. I'm always happy to lend him a hand, if for no other reason than it helps prevent tension with Jean, whose patio area is persistently immaculate.
However, there was decidedly more to his request than I had anticipated. Once we actually got our hands dirty, he finally dropped the real news: Jean had developed a mild case of baby fever.
I reminded James that while Ranih and I had indeed been trying for a baby, but we certainly hadn't expected things to happen this quickly. Regardless, he can't really blame us for Jean's sudden maternal streak.
As for the garden itself, he had decided to alter the shape of one of the flower beds. Luckily, there wasn't much planted in it yet, which made reshaping the border fairly straightforward.
James is stationed at our moon outpost next week, and I might end up joining him around midweek. There's always something remarkably relaxing about putting in a shift while looking out at the view of the planet and her orbital platform.
We spent the rest of the afternoon unwinding with Ranih and Jean in our back garden. As I write this, a heated debate is underway over what to throw on the BBQ. My vote is firmly cast for kebabs.
Comments
Post a Comment