Chimichangas and Cinematic Classics.
We've had a very productive day on the moon base. It's an incredibly peaceful place. The orbital platform is peaceful as well, but there's definitely something different about the atmosphere on the moon base.
For lunch, James and I opted for a dish popular in the Southwestern United States and tried something called a chimichanga.
It features a flour tortilla packed with fillings like meat, beans, rice, and cheese, folded and cooked until the outside turns golden and crispy. It was quite spicy, tasty, and definitely very filling.
We return to Docosie tomorrow, and I'm both looking forward to it and not at the same time. On one hand, I’ll be back with Ranih and my home office; on the other, I’ll have to deal with the build‑up of all those darn seed pods in the garden.
Only a few more months and the trees will stop shedding them, and then we can have a reprieve, even if it’s somewhat short, before the next garden battle arrives.
The crew of the moon base enjoy watching very old films from Earth. Tonight we have what is considered to be the quintessential Dracula film from 1931, over 500 years ago, starring Bela Lugosi and Edward Van Sloan.
The crew plan to watch several other Dracula films over the next few weeks. I might follow along with them from home.
Comments
Post a Comment