Capturing Light, Pondering Time.
Before leaving the moon base the other day, I managed to get a fabulous picture of Docosie III. So much so, I'm starting to consider publishing more of the photos I take in my journal. I seem to have a talent for taking good pictures.
I have thought about what will become of my journal when I'm gone and Dax has a new host. I'd like to think that my child, son or daughter, as we don't know yet, will hold on to it and read it to remember their parents, and perhaps it might even be useful from a historical standpoint.
Countless other documents have provided a window into the past over the centuries: the Rosetta Stone, the Bayeux Tapestry, and the Orion Oolan, just to name three.
I don't think my journal will be of as much historical significance as those three documents, but it will serve as a record of events on Docosie III in my lifetime from my perspective.
On my walk this morning, I happened to pass by the Bajoran cemetery. I stopped for a while, as it's such a beautiful and peaceful place. It's probably why I've been pondering my mortality for most of today.
Anyway, here's that picture of Docosie III.
Comments
Post a Comment