The Gardening Dilemma.
I don't usually do this as a general rule, but today I need to have a bit of a rant.
I love gardening. I enjoy making our little corner of Docosie a peaceful, tranquil place to entertain or just sit back and chill. But ever since we moved here, at this time of year, I am at war with the native trees.
There are several behind our fence line and in the space between neighboring properties. While they provide great shade from the sun and are beautiful to look at, they unleash a constant deluge of seed pods... everywhere.
That is not an exaggeration. They get everywhere in the garden and are easily tracked into the house on the bottom of our shoes. I spend ages sweeping them up, only to find that within hours, it looks like I haven’t touched a broom all day.
I’m not the only one frustrated by them either. Our neighbors James and Jean, whose garden backs onto the same cluster, rant about them just as much. James suggested using a phaser set to wide beam instead of a broom, or maybe setting up a force field to stop them from landing in the first place.
Both ideas have serious potential. But I suppose I can’t deny that the constant battle gets me out into the fresh air and keeps me moving. We may be at a bit of an impasse!
Comments
Post a Comment