Soundproofing, Subways, and Starfleet Ideology.
I took the opportunity this morning to visit the colony expansion site on the northern perimeter to check on its progress.
While I am no construction expert, it is clear to me that they are right on schedule to complete the preliminary underground infrastructure.
The construction of the underground walkways for the new expansion area has had a slight impact on existing systems; consequently, precautionary measures have been put in place to safeguard residents living close to the site.
Furthermore, despite the colony's homes having excellent soundproofing, the crew on-site is still keeping noise levels to a minimum.
On a side note, I’ve had three glasses of root beer today, inspired by the recent bizarreness at the Central Park fountain.
It's okay, but certainly not something I’d drink regularly. Garak once told Quark that root beer was vile, while Quark famously suggested it was bubbly, cloying, and happy, and that if you drink enough of it, you begin to like it. Garak called it "insidious," to which Quark replied, "Just like the Federation."
I wasn't sure what to make of that exchange back then, and I'm still on the fence today.
Comments
Post a Comment