Shaken on Docosie III.
At approximately 05:36 this morning, an earthquake measuring 3.2 on the Richter scale struck some 200 kilometres north of the colony. It occurred at a depth of 10 kilometres and lasted for about five seconds.
The initial survey conducted before the colony’s construction analyzed the risk of seismic activity, concluding that while tremors were possible, the danger was negligible.
This is the first one Ranih and I have experienced since moving to Docosie III. It was an odd feeling, everything shook just once, like a sudden jerk.
When we arrived at work, it was the main topic of discussion. James’s team is checking the colony for any signs of damage, but given how well the buildings were constructed, structural issues are highly unlikely.
According to historical records, this minor quake was only the third ever recorded on Docosie, and the closest one yet to the colony itself. Pardon the pun, but it has shaken a few people.
I don't recall any of my previous hosts ever experiencing an earthquake, so this appears to be a Dax first. I just hope I never have to experience one of considerably greater magnitude and destructive force.
Comments
Post a Comment