Post-Quake Reflections

The preliminary results of the colony survey after the short quake are in and, as expected, no damage has been found anywhere in the colony, including the underground tunnel network. The colony's structure was designed to withstand earthquakes of a much greater magnitude.

The memorial service for Vedek Buka and his followers will take place tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. at the site of their settlement. The service will last about an hour, followed by drinks and traditional Bajoran food.

As for today, it's been rather quiet. The quake is still the main topic of discussion. The orbital platform monitors seismic activity on Docosie, and yesterday's jolt was only the third recorded since the colony was founded—and the only one close to us. The other two were on the opposite side of the planet.

At least the temperatures are cooler today than they were earlier this week, though they are expected to rise again tomorrow. The evening temperature tonight was superb, a mere 20°C, making it perfect for a stroll through the colony and the central park.

I don't regret moving to Docosie from my home on Trill. I still keep in touch with family and friends, and they often visit us here. That being said, trying to get my old friend Jaxton to visit is more difficult than a warp core refit. I hope he runs out of excuses eventually.

Image from Unsplash by CHUTTERSNAP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Know

who am I?

Unexpected