Echoes of the Past, New Beginnings.
My beautiful wife, Ranih, is four weeks pregnant. The joy we both feel right now is amazing, and the sheer number of people who have sent us messages of congratulations is wonderful.
The best reaction was from my sister, who proceeded to dance around her living room while I patiently waited to speak further on our subspace call. It was funny to watch, but deeply joyful at the same time.
I’m also remembering the experiences of my previous hosts when they got the news that they were expecting, like Lela, Emony, Audrid, and Ezri.
I do feel a sense of sadness, as Jadzia was murdered in her prime by Gul Dukat and wasn't able to fulfill her wish to have children with Worf. But life can be just as cruel as it can be kind.
While I will consider the parenting experiences of my previous hosts, I will ultimately strive to be the best father I can be. I have no doubt that Ranih will be a wonderful mother; she already has the love and respect of all the children in her class.
Our parents were all delighted, of course, especially my mother, who did a dance just like my sister's, if slightly less energetic.
However, I think James is a little worried in case Jean starts getting what he called "baby fever." Personally, we would love it if our little one had a playmate right next door.
Comments
Post a Comment