Apprentice to Omnipotence.

As far as I know, most of the Knickerbocker Glories that mysteriously materialized from every replicator yesterday at 13:00 were happily consumed once the initial scans confirmed they were safe. The handful that went uneaten were simply dematerialized, their molecules reintegrated back into the replicators' pattern storage.

I certainly enjoyed mine, as did James. It’s not a dessert I’ve had in quite some time; I really have to be in the mood for something that indulgence-heavy. Normally, a simple bowl with three scoops of ice cream is more than enough for me.

The more I ponder it, though, the more this whole affair bears the unmistakable hallmarks of Q. Yet, it feels remarkably low-key, nothing like the grand, existential trials faced by Captain Jean-Luc Picard, whose mission logs I’ve read and recently re-read, in fact, this almost feels like a dress rehearsal.

They say trouble comes in threes, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next anomaly manifests very soon. If my suspicions are correct, this isn't the Q, but rather a Q, an entity whose journey into omnipotence is only just beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Know

who am I?

Unexpected