​A Little Addition to the Colony.

This is a day I’ve been looking forward to ever since the moment I met Ranih, the exact moment I knew I had found the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Up until this evening, it had been a wonderfully uneventful day. Everything was running smoothly with the colony expansion construction, new residents were steadily settling in, and a lineup of exciting new concerts and events was being organized for the central park. It was just another productive day on the colony.

That all changed the second I walked through the front door. Ranih was already home waiting for me, her face beaming with pure excitement. I took a seat across from her at the table, and she slid a PADD toward me. I was fully expecting to see news about a promotion at work or perhaps an update regarding her new role as the Trill Representative on the Council.

Instead, as I picked up the PADD and read the screen, time seemed to grind to a halt. I stared back at her across the table, my mind struggling to process the words in front of me. A rush of sudden emotions hit me all at once, a heady cocktail of sheer excitement, fluttering nervousness, and profound joy.

We’re having a baby.

Image from Unsplash by Sincerely Media. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Know

who am I?

Unexpected